RE: UNITS

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >Because we can walk right into a motor rewind shop and get wire with 0.01mm
 >difference.

You can't, not in Britain anyway :( The wire here is labelled in millimetre
gauges, but the range of sizes available is just the same as the old British
Standard Wire Gauge. So you get 0.315 and 0.125mm wire, etc.

 >In the SI system, all of the "Garbage"
 >is gathered into ľo, thereby simplifying the SI equations.

The SI system has other oddities, like the "Impedance of free space". I
never understood how thin air could have an impedance of 377 ohms. In fact,
since my DMM doesn't read 377 ohms when the prods are held up in the air, I
suspect it's just another mathematical fudge ;)

Steve C.