RE: JHCTES...and my 6" disruptive system...

Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Brett -

I don't have a log of Tesla coils that were tested and found to agree with
the program. In fact I didn't think this was important. However, I admit
this would be an interesting record of Tesla coilers who are not active now.
Most of those records have been thrown out. Some of these coilers are still
active, Terry Fritz, Bert Hickman, Kurt Schraner, Malcolm Watts, Dr
Resonance, Bert Pool, Ed Wingate, Ed Sonderman, and many others.

These coilers also helped me to fine tune the JHCTES program. Back in the
late 1980's when I was developing the JHCTES program there was very little
TC design information available. Tesla coil design and building was mostly a
trial and error operation. There were other TC programs around but I believe
the JHCTES was the first TC program that kept all the parameters in tune
when changes were made. This was accomplished by selecting the input and
output parameters so that the designer could not input variables that made
it impossible to tune the TC. The program started out in a very user
unfriendly manner because it just tossed out input variables that could not
give a tuned TC which aggravated many coilers. This was quickly replaced by
a more user friendly program that used carefully selected input variables to
prevent the designer from inputting numbers that could not give a tuned
system.

Bart Anderson's JAVATC10 program has improved on this type of program by
adding more parameters and giving them more accuracy. Paul Nicholson was the
coiler who took Tesla coils to new heights in theoretical design. However,
the JHCTES program still gives you fast and ballpark numbers that can save
you design time for the major parameters.

John Couture