Re: audio modulated SSTC

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de
>List,

snip

>Plasma tweeters use capacitive feedback mostly and  produce a very
>good audio quality. However the operating frequency is much higher
>than in our TC systems. And the output power is relatively small. Is
>the a.m. statement wrong in principle?
>Any answers and comments are very welcome.

There are a couple of vacuum tube based plasma tweeters, U. Haumann`s being
one of them for the self made "person".
The oscillator is based on a pentode, where there are more than one grid in
the path btwn. kathode and anode. One grid can be used to set up the
oscillation, another grid can be used to modulate the output with audio.

I think this could be done by varying the supply voltage to the H-bridge:
Oscillate with the bridge, audio modulate a big industrial IGBT in the
supply rail. It will have to burn up at least 50% of the delivered power,
so Therefore a big industrial type is needed, one that is good for
dissipating those 1-2 kW`s loss.
In this case, a self tuning oscillator would be ideal. (I think)
I`l try it out some time, unless someone else does it first, and maby even
then.

Cheers, Finn Hammer