RE: Flourescent tube primary

Original poster: "explorecraft" <pariah-at-explorecraft-dot-com>

Obsessed by curiousity:

I tried a 22w circle (Philips 3A 1130 Lm) (230vac mains)
  circular flourescent bulb driven by
  one of those power-saver thingies
  advertised to allegedly lower the power draw.
Slopped on a 36 turn coil laid directly on the tube,
  and see only 6 volts p-p, interesting waveform though.
More later after I build a properly resonant coil...

Not that this could be a profitable exploration,
  but for some reason I find it interesting

cheers