RE: audio modulated SSTC

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

If you try to do that, you are going to be running the IGBT linearly.
You will be dissipating mucho amounts of heat there.
You might be better using something along the lines for Class-D
operation.  You would better off feeding the audio into a comparator and
pulse-width  modulating it and then feeding it into your switch on the
power rail.  However, its not without problems and complexities.

Dan

Okay the bug has bitten me! (again) and I think I will build an audio
modulated SSTC this weekend.  One question.  If I made a self resonant
design, then I put an IGBT in series with power to the bridge, and fed
audio to the IGBTs gate, woudl that work?

Regards - Jim Mitchell