Re: Inductance Charged Coil

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

My question: Are you talking about a "kicker coil" tesla. ? Made with a TC
secondary and one turn primary powered with a coil ( such as an old washing
machine solinoid) coil  in  series with the primary and two capacitors with
a spark gap to connect the capacitors . The power is 117v AC with no
transformer. The circuit is a series resonant circuit tuned to the AC and
the spark gap is adjusted to just over the line voltage. As the circuit
resonates producing several Kv the spark gap fires pulsing the primary to
produce 50-80 Kv out of the secondary. Invented by tesla.  For DC use the
coil has an added set of buzzer points added to pulse the input. I don't
know if this what you are talking about, but they work well and are sold by
many school supplies. ( Edmond scientific etc.) My unit puts out about 100
Kv at the most. My commercial unit puts out 50 Kv max , but is safer to use
in a class room. The only catch is tuning the circuit to resonance. large
coil and large capacitor for 50 or 60 Hz. The secondary dosen't mater.
    Robert   H