Re: Safety Gap

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: "Gary  Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>Forget the safety gaps.  I tried them and decided they are a waste of time
>and effort.  I have not used a safety gap on any of my coils in probably 4
>years.  http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~gary350/tc10-4.jpg
>Gary Weaver

I agree with Gary, as long as we are talking about a static gapped coil.
(Static gaps don`t "misfire" towards greater voltage, but to the opposite)

But with a sync. rotary gap, I`d use it at least untill the rotary is
adjusted, if the adjustment is fixed.
With dynamic adjustment, I`d use a safety gap all the time.

Cheers, Finn Hammer