RE: audio modulated SSTC

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Hi Herwig, I would say the problem definatly was not
Frequency, as my grid modualted coil ran at around that
frequency, also. I was able to get decent audio, but
took much time messing with it. But after building one
of Dan's Plasmasonics, I have no interest in messing
with VTTC grid modulation. And the recent talk of rail
and plate modulation has got me real interested,
definatly the holy grail
of plasma audio!

Take care,

David Trimmell

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:03:39 -0700, "Tesla list" wrote:

 > Original poster: herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de
 >

 > David Trimmell <humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com> wrote:
 >
 >  > Herwig, didn't you work on a very large audio
 > modulated VTTC some
 >  > years back? I think I have the right guy, if so how
 > did it fair?
 >
 > David,
 >
 > Yes, I had built a VTTC using a YU-204 = 4PR-1000A. I
 > managed to get
 > a brush length of 20", but despite of several
different
 > approaches,
 > the audio was very loud but its quality was not
 > overwhelming. The
 > reason probably was the low frequency of about 244
kHz,
5