mmc caps fitted

Original poster: "philip barnes" <luck_phil87-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi,

     wow my coil is impressive after fitting my new mmc using geek group
caps. I didnt believe 9 small caps could hold up but they do! Its a 12/30
system at 50 Hz with 11 nF cap. Gives bright blue sparks to a earth wire up
to about 20 cm... after which it goes a paler purple color. Its using a
single gap static spark gap which is 2 pieces of brass rod with a gap a
little over 1 cm and no fan. I think theres lots of room for improvement
tho. Am i right in thinking that a RQ sparkgap will improve the performance
of my coil a lot? There are sparks perhaps 40 cm long to ground somtimes
but i tihnk my toroid is too low cuz i get  a fair number of ground rail
arcs. Im also woundering if my coil is too small for a 12/30 neon. Its only
4 cm diameter (1.67") and 30 cm tall (12"). What do u guys think? And is a
microwave fan a good fan for a RQ gap.

Phil