RE: help needed with building a mini table top tesla coil

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

Yes that capacitor does sound small. What size and type of transformer are
you using?
0.00795µF (micro Farads) sounds more like what you should be after.

The type of capacitor that most people use for TC work today is an MMC
(multi mini capacitor), which is an HV capacitor built of lots of lower
voltage caps.

Do a search for MMC in the archives of this list and Google it on the web
too.

examples:
http://teslacoils4christ-dot-org/mark.stolz/capacitor/mmc.htm
http://deepfriedneon-dot-com/tesla_mmc.html