Re: Input voltage minimum

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>
 >
 > Can anyone tell me what would be considered near the minimum voltage that
 > would be feasible to use for the supply transformer?
 > I have heard of people using 9KV  Any one ever use a 6KV or even a 4KV?
 >
 > This is all in regards to a classic design (disruptive I think is the
 > term?).  not solid state or magnifiers etc.
 >
 > Thanx
 >
 > Luke Galyan
 > Bluu-at-cox-dot-net

	I have a spark diathermy unit which runs at about 3500 volts and seems
to put out nicely.  I suspect you can make suitable gaps to work at
reasonable power at a voltage that low.  Several of us have built small
"table top" TC's running at lower voltage (mine runs at about 2800).

Ed