RE: Static Gap question.

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Definitely NOT mains-resonant.  A 15/60 NST at 60 Hz is resonant with just
over 10nF, and I had a 20nF cap.  It's worth pointing out that there was no
secondary present, so all of the energy was being burned in the gap, which
may help explain the tendency to rapid refirings (if there's a lot of hot
ions floating about in the gap).

Regards, Gary

.

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Gary,
           I agree with all you have to say on the static gap below.
Looking at the waveforms on your website, I am guessing that the
charging system may not have been accurately mains-resonant. T-F ?

Malcolm