Small sync motor load limit found

Original poster: "K Wilson" <teslamap-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Construction of my new propeller gap is nearing completion. I believe I
have found the load limit of my small sync motor. The motor is rated as
1/60 hp, 3600 rpm, 120 V, 11 watts, 0.3 in. oz. of torque. The propeller is
made of two, 2.5 inch, 8-32 screws (about 1/8 inch diameter). Each screw is
screwed into the shaft, which is made of 1 in diameter plastic. The
diameter of the propeller is 5 inches. Originally I left the heads on the
screws, but apparently that was too much weight, the motor was hunting
until I increased the source voltage to 135 volts. I then decapitated the
screws, which enabled the motor to sync at 127 volts. I believe these small
motors can make a viable gap, if the load is kept very light.

_