RE: Power level Vs Coil height

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

 > Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

 > And if so do you or anyone else have a method they use for
 > determining a
 > good coupling for a system.  Like start at max coupling and work down?
 > If that is the case what do I look for to see that I have decreased it
 > the right amount?

Use JAVATC to get a decent ballpark figure and build some method of
adjustment into your design.

The easiest way to adjust coupling is raising and lowering the secondary
height with respect to the primary.

When adjusting the real thing, start with minimum coupling and work up,
reduce the coupling if you see sparks braking out of the secondary.

Tom.