RE: Series connection of Mosfets/IGBTs

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Yes, I have done considerable work (both professional and amateur) in
series FET connections.
It primarily comes down to how you want to operate the FET.  In
saturation mode, or constant current mode such as
in a linear regulator.  The big problem is timing.  However, there are
ways to run the FETs so they operate in cascade
type fashion. However, there are limits to how fast this type of
operation can run at.

What type of application are you running and what type of topology?

Dan

Dear forum members,

I have seen parallel connection of MOSFETs to increase the load current
capability. Anybody in this forum tried series connection of
MOSFETs/IGBTs and increase the supply voltage to greater than 2KV ?