Re: Do these numbers look right?

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Richard Modistach" <hambone-at-dodo-dot-com.au>
 >
 > try your nearest industrial refrigeration\air conditioning
 > mechanic\engineering shop, they often have pipe on huge rolls,
 > tell them what it's for,
 > ask them nicely to handle carefuly to avoid sharp kinks.
 >
 > regards
 > richard
 > aus.

	Use #10 solid copper wire (available bare at hardware stores).  It will
work just fine and a lot easier to mess with.  Before winding I usually
stretch the wire a bit to straighten it.  For wire this big I fasten it
to the front bumper attachment of my car and to my bench vise and back
up VERY slowly!  A stretch of  5% seems to work fine and work hardens it
enough that it makes a very nice looking winding.  I use this method for
"radio coils".

Ed

Ed