Re: ebay caps

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Peter's right!

I run the Fair Radio caps with my 6" coil.  They do heat up, but it does
take some time.  On the 4th of July, I was running about 1-2 minute runs,
with about 5 minute cooling periods for about an hour, before letting them
cool for 30 minutes.  The caps were warm but not "pull your hand away" hot.
Just give them time to disapate the heat between runs, and they will work
ok.  During this time I was more worried about the resistor tempature in the
filter than the caps.

David E Weiss