Re: Arctronics capacitors

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Kreso,

I suspect you really mean _All_tronics? They sell Maxwells on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2597967164&category=4662

I bought 6 pcs. from another company:

http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2597339665&category=4662

And they performed well, in a 2 by 2 configuration, doubling the voltage
and retaining the capacitance.
(That`s right, still got 2 in storage, but don`t go getting any ideas about
them :-)  )
I used these caps in museum duty, with hourly demonstrations, during the
first "rave" period of the first publicly displayed coil in Denmark.
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/flatout.jpg
Discharge length 1.8 meters, 32kV primary voltage reached 300 times per second.
The original MMC
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/cap/cappage.htm
had given in due to corona problems on the leads of the individual caps,
and we were waiting for the "real mccoy" to arrive from Maxwell.
They did well, and are now in storage, ready to get plugged in, in the case
that the main cap should fail.
Of course, when a Tesla Coil Manufactoring company starts to sell out vital
stock it could mean that the caps are no good, or the buisness in general
is not good. Who knows?

Are they worth the money? Hard to say. Bragging right is bought dearly, but
personally I think every coiler should have at one time owned a Maxwell
cap, just to see how a quality product is made.

Well, Kreso, I guess I didn`t answer any questions for you here, but at
least I had a good time at the keyboard this fine morning, so that`s what I
bid you, and anyone reading this: I bid you A fine morning!

Cheers, Finn Hammer