Re: Calculating Cap RMS current

Seems like one could derive the RMS current from the BPS, Ipeak, Energy
transfer time (at least an approximation of it with some simplifying
assumptions).  If one assumed constant RF peak current during the spark
conduction time, one would get the following conservative prediction:

Irms = .707 * Ipeak [ BPS * Etransfer_time / 1sec]

One might want to compute the actual rms current during the energy transfer
time by doing the root mean square during this time using decreasing Ipeaks
for each of the half cycles and weight the result with [ BPS *
Etransfer_time / 1 sec ]

Gerry R

 > Original poster: "Virtualgod" <mike.marcum-at-zoomtown-dot-com>
 >
 > Is there a formula out there for calculating the tank cap rms current?
Just