HF Arc starter / stablilizer

Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all,
    I recently came across a power supply rated for 5V -at- 110A (out of an
'88 mainframe) and it looked like a good candidate for a welder supply. I
was interested in making a TIG welder and after doing some research I found
that the arc starter / stablilizer is pretty much a tesla tank curcuit that
couples HF AC to the welding line to strike an arc. Has anyone tried to
build one of these or have any thoughts?

Thanks for any help!!

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen