Re: Crazy (Expensive) Flyback! ($25.00?)

They can be easily driven with a MOSFET circuit.  I think Terry has some
schematics in the archives.  We run ours at 100 to 150 watt range with no
problems.  You could run them in air if you keep power under 75 watts and
output (rectified DC) under 14 kV.

Dr. Resonance