Re: Micro Audio Modulated SSTC (completed)

Original poster: Jan Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Tesla list wrote:
<snip>
 > The entire coil is very compact, and fits into a small aluminum box.  The
 > power source is smooth 20VDC at 3A.  The maximum voltage is just determined
 > by the 7805 and 7815 voltage regulators which max out a 35v.  So I could
 > pump about 30v in, and get a ~1" - 1.5" spark.
<snip>

<http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/temp/MOV01264.MPG>www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/temp/MOV01264.MPG

<http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/DSC01258.JPG>www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/DSC01258.JPG
 > Picture:

<http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/DSC01259.JPG>www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/DSC01259.JPG

Now that IS one cool little coil, congrats!
Ideal size for travelling ;-)

 > Please note: that these pictures do not capture the full spark for some
 > reason, in real life, it is much bushier and longer, not just a thin thread.

The EXIF info gave ISO 320 and 1/30sec - you could try stopping down ISO
to 50 and decreasing shutter down to 1/8 or slower and run the TC in very
low light, this should make streamers appear bushier on the pic. And, to
get the coil visible too, fire the flash at lowest power. Chances are that
your digicamera's automatic "Night Scene" mode does all this, without all
those manual adjustments...

good luck with eBay,
  - Jan

-