Re: Primary tank cables

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 2/22/04 8:31:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>It has improved my output quite substantially.  However my question is, how
>does this affect tuning?  I don't believe I am correctly tuned anymore.  I
>am wondering wether getting better power transfer would cause the  need to
>move in or move out the primary tap point, i.e. does better power transfer
>increase or decrease the resonant frequency of the pirmary circuit ?  I have
>heard it can and does sometimes make a difference.
>
>Rgs
>Ian

Ian,

Better power transfer may make the output sparks longer.  These
longer output sparks will have more capacitance, so they may require
a retuning of the primary for best results, thereby making the
sparks even longer.  You may need to tap a 1/2 turn or even
a full turn outward on the primary to give more primary inductance.
(assuming you were tuned correctly originally using the old primary).

John