Re: LED at 60 HZ? (was RE: Radio Shack Strobes)

Hi,

>I never understood the need for a very sharp image.
>
>John

I use the very fast very sharp strobe to set and calibrate spark gap timing
in degrees or mS.  In that case, the sharp exact strobe light is
needed.  But that is all only for scientific reasons, not practical ones ;-)

One must always fight the "instinct" to assume the stationary looking gap
is actually moving at a terrible pace and not go trying to stick one's
fingers in there!  Much like a car timing light can freeze the motion of
the radiator fan (old style cars...).

I think most of use can just turn the gap by hand or with a dwell
controller for the best spark and not worry with such extreme gap timing
details.  Jeff P. is the only other person I know that actually counts on
such fine adjustments.  For 99% of us I think it would be a "don't care"...

Cheers,

         Terry