nonlinear, but not negative R Re: Gap Question

 > Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>
 >
 > Can anyone point me to a device that does not have a linear resistance
 > but yet does not display a negative resistance?
 > Is there such an animal?

Tungsten lightbulbs are very non-linear, but always positive (resistance
gets bigger as the filament gets hotter, so the V/I curve is "more than
linear")

Diodes are the classic non-linear device, and most have no negative
resistance characteristic (except Zeners, Tunnel/Back diodes, and some
microwave diodes used as oscillators and amplifiers)