Re: MMC or Maxwell? Which is better?

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Ed, all, IF you are talking about the CP caps, then I have one, a
.02uF-at-15KV, that has had many hours of use*. Condenser Products never
intended (designed) this series of caps for >120 PPS (static gap).
Failures were mostly on Pig coils >120PPS. Please correct me if I am
wrong. MMC's are great, but the CP caps got a bad rap in my opinion. I
talked to one of their engineers about this, and he was sure that on
NEON systems with STATIC gaps the caps should do very well...
Unfortunately they only mentioned the 120PPS thing that was not
followed...

David Trimmell"

	I just went looking for the ones I have but there's been too much stuff
piled into my attic since the last time I saw them.  I thought that they
were 0.025, 20 kV, but guess memory is short these days.  My only
interest was in using them with NST's (no interest in bigger and better
things) and have always used both a fixed gap and a safety gap.

	Sounds as if you feel these are OK under such circumstances?

Ed