From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 8:40 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: TC Question and Discharge Safety

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 >Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com
 >
 >Also, many will state that skin effect will protect you from the dangers of
 >high frequency tesla coil discharges, but that is a myth.

Very true. An example is:
http://www.allaboutcircuits-dot-com/vol_2/chpt_9/7.html

half way down this page they talk about the Tesla Coil Transformer.

Part of the text states the following:

"The Tesla Coil is a resonant, high-frequency step-up transformer used to
produce high voltages that are relatively harmless to human beings (the
"skin effect" of high-frequency alternating current precluding electric
shock, although capable of producing skin burns). "

I think you can all see the various incomplete and incorrect statements
here.
I tried emailing the website, but emails get returned for some reason.

Anyway, just an example.
Bart