Re: TC Question and Discharge Safety - Lightning from Fingers

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Thanks for the bit of knowledge on the Daddy Longleg. However, since it
appears that the only difference between a spider and a Daddy Longlegs is
that the Daddy Longleg has 1 body segment and spiders have 2, I think I'll
keep calling it a spider (but it's good trivia).

The !spider after a short sparking session was missing 2 of it's 8 legs. It
wasn't looking very healthy either (quivering would be a good description).
The toroid has a hole in the center, and I just scooted it into the hole.
It fell down into the secondary. I haven't ran the coil since, but a day
later I lifted up the secondary and there he was, corpse and all - very dead.

I imagine 2 of the those long legs may have served as a breakout point. The
legs completely gone up the the body. I am sort of supprised the rest of
the Daddy Longleg didn't incinerate. This one won't be growing any new
legs. I guess the free-air currents were a bit much for the little guy (or
gal?).

Take care,
Bart