Re: Getting more input power

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

US residential power is single phase.  It is not 2 phase.  The 120VAC is
derived from the center-tap of the
240VAC secondary on the mains transformer which is powered off a single
phase of the 3-phase high voltage lines (or single phase high voltage which
some smaller
pole distribution networks carry)

Dan

"Hi Ian,

I don't know about Australia, but in the US, residential power is
ususally 2
phase (120 Vac per phase) 240 Vac.  My main breaker is 100A so I don't
think
a 50A line would be a problem if I made sure all other high power stuff
(oven, dryer) were OFF.

Gerry R."