Re: Coiling problems

Original poster: Nir Weingarten <nirzvi-at-yahoo-dot-com>

In 5.1.04 Dr. Resonance posted the following in
response to my original message:

 > Be sure to use a protection circuit between your NST
 > and the primary spark
 > [...] Terry Fritz from this list can
 > provide you with an excellent protection circuit for
 > your NST.

What is a 'protection circuit'?
How do I contact Terry?

 > Be sure to sand and seal the PVC tubing with 3 coats
 > of insulation before
 > winding.  You can use Glytal (electric motor rewind
 > shop) or polyethylene to
 > seal the tube from moisture absorption.

I used a sort of polymer around the secondary (The
PVC)
for heat protection and I sealed its ends with ducked
tape. I hope that is sufficient.

 > A capacitor, spark gap, and primary coil are
 > necessary to form the
 > oscillator circuit.

What is an oscillator circuit and why do I have to use
a capacitor?

Best wishes
Nir (NOT NEAR) Weingarten
Israel