Re: New coil

Original poster: "John Richardson" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the tips.  I was using the Geek chart, and I assumed that it was
on the money as far as NST safety goes.  Is this not so?  Regardless, I'm
going to start doing the calculations manually, or try your MMC program.  I
appreciate all of your thoughts, and am going to splice on another two turns
and retap a little further out.  Still, with one shorted cap and being a
little out of tune, 40-44 inch consistent streamers are flying around, but I
think I can do a lot better with a little redesigning.  Might see how much I
can get out of a 12/60 before dedicating a 15k trans to this coil.  Anyhow,
thanks again, but I've got to head to the basement.  Got an 8" form that
needs winding!

Take care,
John