Re: TESLA COIL REVISED

Original poster: jimmy hynes <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Resistance does go up as frequency increases, but a 50 turn coil should
still have a lower
resistance. The Q may be lower, because the inductance is much lower.

The output voltage of SSTCs has little to do with the unloaded Q, because
the streamers coming off
totally ruin the Q. It is also much easier to make a 100KHz SSTC driver
than a 3.5MHz driver.

=====
Jimmy

__