Re: TESLA COIL REVISED

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
So how can you criticize my 3.5 MHz 50-turn solid state coil design
when you only have experience with classic TC's at high frequencies? I
respect your experience, but if you can't build a reliable solid state
coil at 3+ MHz frequencies, maybe you should talk to people who have
new ideas, instead of trying to put them down.

     By the same means can you defend it when you have never built one.
We would like to hear all the details from you when you have actually DONE IT.
Experience almost always carries more weight than conjecture.

Why? Einstein didn't build a single cyclotron to prove his theories
either, does that invalidate his ideas?

     There is a universe of difference between a theory and an idea and
Einstein provided one helluva lot more rigorous mathematical detail than
we've seen here, and from what I remember of trips to Princeton as a young
child, you sir, are no Einstein.

But I do plan to do some building, it's just that I have a lot of other
projects to do first.
OK Keep in touch. Until then, may I suggest that abrasiveness is not a good
way to seek enlightenment.

Matt D.