Re: 5MV, 312kW

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>
>Hi Finn,
>Good idea using Inca!
>With the topload on the system above the groundplane, Ctop would drop it
>to around 215pF and pull the system to 37 kHz. The primary would then need
>1.5 turns at the same cap size. The primary would need a little more work.

I had not thought about that reduction in topload capacitance. However,
making the coil longer, as advised by Greg, adding more turns to lower the
frequency would be easy. Primary would follow.
>Here's about what it would look like
>(complete with 6 foot stick-man for comparison),
>http://www.classictesla-dot-com/temp/5mv.gif
>One other item would be the "small" 312.5KW at 50kV. Vp would be down
>around 39% putting Vtop at 2.8MV at 100 bps. Leaving the system as is, we
>could drop the breaks down around 41 bps or leave at 100 and up the power
>to say 750KW!

I don`t see how Vp is dropping. I set it at 50kV because it is a nice
number, what`s causing the drop?

Cheers, Finn Hammer
>Take care,
>Bart