Aluminum tape on toroids? What about the sticky side being nonconducting?

Original poster: Phlunktfysics101-at-aol-dot-com

I see lots of people using aluminum tape on their toroids.  My toroid is
made from aluminum duct riveted to a water heater pan, and I'd love to
smooth it out with aluminum tape.  But this tape has an adhesive backing,
making it nonconductive on the backside.  With no electrical conduction
between the aluminum side of the tape and the aluminum duct, what effect
will this have on performance?  And couldn't the adhesive act like a
dielectric and add more capacitance between the two aluminum surfaces (tape
and duct)?  It must not really matter, but I figure I had better ask the
pros before wasting money on AL tape.

Thanks!
Jack