RE: Please help with capacitor

Original poster: "Philip Brinkman" <peeceebee-at-mindspring-dot-com>

Wow, thanks Gary, and Ed, and Robert for all the help, I re-did the
calculations and also came up with 1.012 pf per plate, and if it doubles in
a stack, that is great too, I am usining notebook cover pages, which, I
think is much higher quality than the hardware sheets of plastic, I know I
am pushing the limits, but I'm going to try it with 6 layers of 5 mil
plastic just to see how it holds up.. I already blew up one cap made from
zip lock bags and I know this plastic is much stronger. I'm also
filling/coating each sheet with mineral oil...hope this helps too. Anyway
thanks again for the help and encouragement... cap should be done this
weekend.
  Phil.

My