Re: newbie question: Is varnishing the copper primary a bad idea?

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

HI Jack,

Why varnish it? Go pick up a can of Brasso and use it like you would
polishing a car. Apply it, then buff it off. This will make it shine like
new and keep it from that oxidization look for about 6 months. You need to
do this twice a year to keep it looking new. Should you make a change at
some point that would require tapping the primary, the varnish would be an
insulating layer that you would have to clean off first. More trouble than
it's worth (IMHO).

Take care,
Bart