RE: Ammeter Question

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>

I've seen those current transformers with the opening in the middle. Can one
wind a current transformer at home, or is the precision required to fine for
home brewing? Does the output from a current transformer have to be feed to
another transformer for lowering to an AC ammeter? With the assistance of a
DMM for calibration, I thought home brewing could be done. I'm really
inexperienced with instrumentation.

Godfrey Loudner