More questions concerning copper oxidation

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello!

I am going to wind another primary next week

I dont want to varnish it with poly or similar for practical reasons (
tapping ). I really like the appearance of
evenly(!) oxidized copper. But 'cause of environmantal pulution I found
copper can discolour in a very unesthetic way...
Is there a way  to treat copper strap before using it to achieve even
discoloration....
Or is this an outdor problem only? I found my older primaries have become
dark, brownish appearance...

Anny suggestions welcome.

Greets

Christoph Bohr