RE: Capacitance calculations

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

 > Original poster: "Paul Marshall" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>
 >
 > What equations do I use to determine max size of my tank capacitor ?
 >

 > Paul S. Marshall

Determine the impedance of your HV transformer secondary Z=V/I
Calculate the resonant sized capacitor C=1/(2*pi*f*Z)
Calculate the LTR capacitor value LTRC=1.5*C

Where:

Z= transformer impedance (Ohms)
V= transformer nameplate o/p voltage (Volts)
I= transformer nameplate o/p current (Amps)
C= resonant capacitor size (Farads)
pi= 3.14159265359...
f= mains frequency (Hertz)
LTRC= larger than resonant capacitor size (Farads)

Tom L.