Re: SRSG or ARSG

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Although a non-synch rotary would be a bad thing for a NST powered tesla
coil, non-synch (asynchronous ARSG) spark gap will
provide great results when used with PT or PDT powered tesla coils.  In
fact, I get much better and more interesting results when using
an ARSG over  SRSG with my coils due the ability of being able to vary the
output etc...

Ed Wingate, Terry Blake, myself, and others have built ARSG powered coils
which are highly successful and big output coils.
Especially Ed Wingate's magnifier which can easily throw some very big arcs
indeed!!!!

However, on Ed Wingate's magnifier, he using a combination ARSG / Series gap
which is also fan cooled providing very fast quenching for the magnifier.
Its definitely the most impressive and elaborate spark gap system I've
seen!!!

Dan