RE: Wiring NSTs in anti Parallel

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

If your 7.5kV NST's are midpoint-grounded, there is no way possible to get
15kV out of them, potted or otherwise.  They are constructed as two 3.75kV
coils, each with the inner end of the winding tied to the core.  The inner
end of the winding was designed to connect to the core, so there is minimal
insulation between this end of each winding and the core.  I suggest you
thoroughly understand this before thinking about a pig.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "tmoorezz" <tmoorezz-at-adelphia-dot-net>

Hello all, I just got a quick question, I have two 7.5/6ma francformers, I
want 15kv out of those two at 900 watts and up. Now if I depot the two
transformers and wire them in anti parallel will this work if I keep the
nst cores isolated I tried this once before and got some bad results, there
was arcing between cases. I just wana know before I go and depot two nsts
cause its a big hassle, and id rather not do it, but will, if this will
work. Heck I just might go for it and purchase a pole pig, I am sick of
messing with nsts and mots! Thanks!

Nolan Moore