RE: H/D ratio

Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

Thanx
I know things are inter related.  Changing one thing changes another and
so on.
Maybe I have failed to make myself clear.
I am not looking for an exact science.  But if you tell me there is a
trade off in things is it too much to ask what trade offs are at stake
and give an explanation as to what trade offs affect what?  Most of what
comes down the pike is either someone saying well its just a big mix.
Or someone saying just do this.  Rather it be formula's or observations
or what ever there has to be some sort of majority opinion as to why the
rules are there.  Most just tell you the rules.  It is like they them
selves are in the same boat I am in.  They have no clue.  They just did
it because they were told the same rule they are telling me.

I can tell you a car is not fast enough for a race.  I am not a mechanic
so if you asked me why I could not explain the effects of torque vs gear
ratios or how much a different fuel mixture would effect the speed.  But
if you ask a mechanic who is into making cars go fast he could tell you
what can be done and why even if what he is telling you is disputed by
other mechanics.  At least he has his own theories on it.  I was hoping
to find some mechanic in this list.  And indeed I have.  But the
majority seem to just be quoting the rules the mechanics have given
them.

Luke Galyan
Bluu-at-cox-dot-net