From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 9:46 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: MMC question

Hi Luke,

The 942C series of caps are great.  However, with a 15KV NST (this is
RMS
voltage), the peak voltage will be just over 21000 volts not counting
other
effects such as resonant rise and inductive kick.  A 10 cap string, IMO,
will be insufficient for this transformer.  I would say a minimum of 12
and
propose a 14 cap string instead.  LTR for SRSG will certainly keep
resonant
rise down and the SRSG will take advantage of inductive kick.  Also, for
given operating voltage, going to a larger string will reduce the peak
and
RMS currents in that particular string with everything else the same
(BPS
and Lp).

Gerry R