Re: Magnifier Primary Capacitors - EQUIDRIVE vs. STANDARD

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > At 09:23 AM 1/17/2004, Ed Phillips wrote:
 > >         I seem to remember that Tesla was one of the first presidents of
the
 > >AIEE.  Does anyone remember?
 > >
 > >Ed
 >
 > He is the "only" one I do remember ;-)))
 >
 > http://www.davearcher-dot-com/Credentials.html
 >
 > But "only" a vice president in fact.  And I bet 90% of the EE's out there
 > don't know who the current present president if IEEE is ;-)))

The list is at:
http://www.ieee-dot-org/organizations/history_center/president_intro.html

Nobody since Feerst was trying to shake things up seems to have captured the
imagination and fun!

It's gotten to be a fairly diverse organization, so the names tend not to
ring a bell, but in the early days, the AIEE had some real notables:
A.G. Bell
C.P. Steinmetz (there's a HV guy for you!)

The IRE was more "scientific" than "practical" and RF oriented, so you have
notables like Irving Langmuir, Lee DeForest (for you VTTC folk), Jansky,
Terman, Beverage