Re: Welder ballast

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

That's odd, since the maximum the welder is suposed to
draw is 50 amps. I assume you have a Lincoln welder
like:

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/welder.jpg
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/welder2.jpg

If the welder is in series with your pig and the
welding leads are shorted, then that's how most folks
do it. Are you sure of your readings? You should only
get high readings like that if both your welder and
your pig are shouted, and with the welder set for max.
Were you running a coil or JL with the pig?

thanks
Adam