What is the difference between a three phase transformer and a single phase tran

Original poster: "Newell Jensen" <pillar2012-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello Experienced coilers?

What is the difference between a three phase transformer and a single phase
transformer?  I am in the process of looking to but a transformer for my
first tesla coil. Also I have found some pole distribution transformers out
there for sale that are a pretty good price and I am considering going that
route instead of with the NST.  What do you think is better?  Once I have
up my current limiting control module I should be able to use one of these
bad boys with basically anything right?  Also what is a KVa amount that you
think I should not go over?  Thanks.

Newell Jensen