VTTC with 8163

Original poster: brent meyer <res095fx-at-verizon-dot-net>

I have just recieved a nice surplus CO2 laser power supply that used an
Eimac 3-400Z/ 8163 for an output regulator.  Came with a 5.3KV 150 mA
transformer and a couple of small caps as well.  The max plate voltage for
the tube is 4KV, so I'm left wondering how I'm going to go about throwing
away around 3.5 KV in the filters...  Things could get ugly if B+ arrived
before the filament was warmed up.

I'm looking at building a medium sized VTTC, and was wondering if anyone had
any suggestions regarding secondary size beyond building something
resembling a copy of Steve's 833 coil.