Re: secondary coilform painting

The glyptal (red or black) is just for the basic coating.  For magnet wire,
after winding, use Dolph's AC-43 --- very good dielectric properties and
it's especially made for magnet wire sealing.

The result is a very nice looking coil as the AC-43 finishing coats give the
exposed ends a very high gloss.

Dr. Resonance