Re: Joules per bang...

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: DRIEBEN-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com
>Scot,
>
>Apparently, your math is off. 5.625 joules = 5.625 watts, therefore,
>if we fire 5.625 watts per bang at 120 a second, that yields a much more
>conservative 795 watts per second. Can't quite figure out where you
>derived the 675 watts from the 5.625 joules :^/ My math ain't too hot
>either, but I think I figured this'n out ;^)
>
>David Rieben
>Memphis, TN

hmmm   now Im lost again and I thought I had this figured out...    ok as I
see it

J= the amount of energy a capacitor of a certian size and voltage can
produce...

W= the amount of power dissapated over a time interval...
and 1J will produce 1W in 1 second
am I right so far??

okay   if we have our 2000uF cap charged to 1000V   that should give us
1000J...
and if discharged thru a resistor (ummm 1000ohms?estimating here...) that
will drain the cap in 1 second approximately (ignoring the logorithmic
curve), should produce 1000W of  power/heat/energy... in other words we
need a 1000W  1 ohm resistor to handle the current....safely...

if discharged thru a near 0 ohm resistor taking about .0001 seconds that
should produce about 10MW of power in that time duration...peak power...

now if we were to do this 10 times a second...  there should be 10KJ of
energy used   ergo 10KW avg power per second

am I still good here?

Scot D